Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vacation!

Tomorrow is B's last day of work before block leave starts! Woo for 3 weeks there won't be a single day where I have to wake up at 4:50 so I can take him into work. I am so NOT a morning person, so getting up this early is not easy for me at all! And after I'm up, I'm up for the day, so it can turn into a LONG day. We sort of have some plans for block leave, but nothing is set in stone yet. B's mom will be back here next Sunday for a week again, so I think we're going to take her up to Seattle one day to be touristy. And she wants us to go with her to visit her parents for a day, whom I haven't met yet, and it will be nice for B to see his grandparents. I don't think he's seen them in quite a long while.

I also really want to go down to Oregon again. We went to B's dad's over 4th of July weekend and it was so much fun! His family is really sweet and I felt really welcomed there. When we were down there, his dad mentioned that it would be fun for us all to go to Crater Lake at some point during leave, which I REALLY want to do! I've heard that it is absolutely beautiful down there, and I have been dying to do some hiking. We got a book on hiking in Washington, but have yet to go. *sigh* I really want to get out and explore the Pacific Northwest while we're here, since I really don't know how long we will be here.

I'm hoping we can also get to the theater so see some movies too. There are so many out that I want to see right now! I've heard Inception is incredible, so that's very high on my list, along with Eat, Pray, Love, but I need to finish the book first before I see the movie. B has been wanting to see Predators, and of course, The Expendables, which comes out this weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to get to see a couple of them at least.

It's so crazy that when he goes back to work, it's going to be September. Where has the summer gone??? I feel like it was JUST June, and I was just getting ready to move out here, and now all of a sudden it's the middle of August. I feel as though I haven't really enjoyed the summer the way I should be. I'm definitely guilty of not spending enough time outside, but especially since we got Sulley I've been trying to spend a lot more time outdoors. He's still getting used to walking on his leash, he does really good with that part when we're just walking around the yard of our complex, but he gets really nervous when we get closer to roads, so we haven't been able to go on walks yet. I would love to be able to take him out for a walk or jog every morning or evening, so hopefully we can get him used to it.

Hopefully during block leave I can really take advantage of the rest of the summer and enjoy it as much as possible before the rainy season sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment