Saturday, August 28, 2010

Homemade Salsa

Ever since I've first eaten at Chipotle I have been in love with their fresh salsa, it has such good flavor and is perfect with their deliciously salty tortilla chips. Unfortunately, since moving to Washington the closest Chipotle is about 40 miles away. I've tried buying some of the fresh salsa from the grocery store, but it never tastes the same. One night I got a brilliant idea, why not add a little lime juice to the fresh salsa for a bit of extra taste. And what do you know, it was perfect! So i decided instead of shelling out for grocery store salsa I would make my own!

Photobucket


Homemade Salsa
4 tomatoes, skinned with seeds and juices removed
1/2 a large onion
some cilantro, I just pulled it from the bunch and chopped it up and threw it in.
1 jalapeno. I'm a baby and I don't like it super spicy, just a little added flavor
a couple squirts of lime juice

Voila! The perfect afternoon snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment