Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yay for New Things!

I was feeling a little down about the whole American Eagle thing where they didn't even call me back about the job after I'd interviewed. I mean I have 3 years experience with the company and they are supposedly hiring a bunch of people.. WTH?? Anyway, I'm not going to get started on that.

So I filled out an application at Pier One last week and they called me yesterday and I'm interviewing with them on Monday!! I need to go shopping for an interview outfit though because I have nothing apporpriate to wear. For the American Eagle interview I just wore a cute AE outfit, maybe they didn't like that I didn't wear black pants and heels?? I don't know, that's not the type of company they are, so I wore something cute and classy that I would wear to work.

So tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut and colored (So excited) because it is in desperate need of some help. An inverted bob is cute when you keep it up, but kind of diastrous when it's growing out. So hopefully they'll be able to do something decent with it and I'm also going to get some highlights done, which I haven't had in AGES! I'm one of those weird women who doesn't dye their hair all the time, but I thought some natural highlights would be fun for a change. I'm a little nervous though because I'm going to a brand new salon, and I'm super specific about my hair, I definitely don't trust just anybody with it and you will never see me at Cost Cutters getting a haircut. It's something I will ALWAYS splurge on.

So after I get my hair done I'm going to go over to the mall since it's right next door and shop for an interview outfit! I'm excited for new things, it feels like a fresh start. Even though American Eagle would have gotten the job done and earned me an income, I know that all the things that annoyed me about working there in Minnesota would have followed me here. I feel like I made a fresh start out here in Washington, so a new job is perfect!

Now keep your fingers crossed that I get the job!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job, I LOVE Pier One!

    Which mall do you live next door to? I need to go to a mall and kill some time (but not too much of K's bank account). He's leaving me for a couple weeks :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't live next door to the mall, but Pier one is right by the mall. I live a few exits north of the Olympia mall

    ReplyDelete