Friday, September 10, 2010

To Blackberry or Not... That Is The Question

I'll be able to upgrade my phone in less than a month, and at first I just figured I would get another Blackberry, I mean why not? Mine has done me well these past 2 years, in fact you could say I've had a love affair with my Blackberry. It does everything for me, I get my emails, texts, facebook, I take pictures with it. I had my yahoo messanger on it so when B was deployed I could talk to him any time, any where.

But these days it seems these are not unique qualities to have in a phone. With the rapid advancements in technology, there's a plethora of able devices out there waiting to do my bidding. Unfortunately I won't be getting the phone of my dreams, which is the iphone 4. I have Verizon and not At&t, so no iphone for me :( There are of course the rumors that Verizon will be picking up the iphone but those have been floating around for years so I'm not holding my breath. And I JUST put B on my plan so it's not as if I could even just switch to At&t either. So with that out, I'm left with the all the smartphones Verizon offers me, which is a lot.

One of the phone guys at Best Buy informed me that they no longer carry the Blackberry Storm 2, which is just the updated version to my Storm, which is making me think Blackberry may be discontinuing that model all together. In which case I don't want to have a discontinued phone, that would be setting myself back technologically. So I started playing around with some of the droids. And let me tell you, there are some awesome non Blackberry phones. There's 3 I really like, so I just have to figure out which to get. Lucky for me I have a couple weeks to decide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment