Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jobs

Alright so I really need to get off my behind and get one. I've put it off long enough, and as nice as it is being able to stay at home, I feel like I'm not making a contribution to our household. I feel indebted to B because he pays for everything. At this point in our relationship I don't want to have to rely on him for everything. It makes me feel bad about myself and makes me feel guilty when I want to spend money on something like new clothes. I definitely need my own money, I think it will give me some freedom. And I would be able to get a car because I would actually have money for a car payment.

I have to admit, I haven't put a ton of effort into looking for a job, I have done some searching, stopped into some places I was interested in, none of which was hiring by the way. So as much as I really don't want to work in retail, I think I'm going to go talk to American Eagle about transferring. I mean, it will pay the bills, and the job isn't so bad sometimes, and I'm bound to meet some cool people(hopefully). I lived on my own for two years, paying rent and paying bills, granted my parents did help me out, but for the most part I supported myself.

This whole me beind dependent on B has kind of put a strain on our relationship, and I don't want that. So hello employment! We definitely have some logistics to figure out with only one car right now, especially since B's mom is flying in in a week, but I hope to be employed in the next few weeks!

Working at AE again will be difficult, because I do have a terrible shopping addiction, but I'm hoping to curb that. I just have to stay strong, and put money into a savings account so its not sitting in my checking account taunting me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! Job hunting sucks... I've been unemployed for a year in October.

    ReplyDelete