Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well another year down, I'm officially 22 now! Is it just me or do the years just keep going faster and faster?? It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating my 21st Birthday, and here I am a year later.

I pretty much got the best birthday present ever this year. I was reliving all my 8 year old fantasies, about opening up a present and having a puppy jump out of a box. Not that it happened this way at all. I went to a shelter and picked out a dog and brought him home, but still. Said present is currently curled up next to me snoring. He is just way too cute.

Yesterday we had to take him to the vet to get checked out, because I suspected that his incision from being neutered was infected, and unfortunately I was correct. He also has a little kennel cough from being in a shelter, poor guy. We got him set up with some antibiotics and doggy morphine though so hopefully he'll be feeling better in the next couple of days. I caved last night though and brought him into bed to sleep. He's been really good ever since we got him about sleeping in a crate, he's actually seemed to like it, but last night after I put him in he started wimpering and all I could think about was if he was scared and in pain so I let him out and brough him up into bed and of course the little stinker slept like a baby all curled up in the comforter. It's just too hard to say no to those baby eyes.

I really haven't felt like doing anything around the house today. I think I grew up spoiled, having a summer birthday, I never had school on my birthday and ever since I've had a job I've made sure to take that day off so I could do something fun, so I never want to do any kind of work on my birthday. Maybe it's a little selfish, I don't really care, this is one day that is all about me :) I will eventually get some stuff done, I'm just going to take my sweet time doing it.

Later we're going out to dinner at this awesome Japanese steakhouse down in Olympia. I also hinted to Brandan that an ice cream cake from Baskin Robins would be delightful :) Hopefully he comes through!

I feel so loved from all the birthday wishes I've gotten today. Thank you to everybody who has wished me a happy birthday! You all have succeeded in making my birthday amazing already and it's still only the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment