Monday, June 7, 2010

Leaving

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go... And I couldn't be more excited!! Its finally happening, this thing that we have been talking about and planning for months and months. I got most everything to fit in surprisingly well, however I ended up having to leave behind my futon, but my mom works for a trucking company that regularly makes trips out to Tacoma, so she might be able to work something out with them.
This whole weekend has just been a whirlwind. Friday night I celebrated my going away downtown at the bars with a bunch of my friends, and it was so much fun to let loose with all these people that I grew up with. It will probably be a very long time before I see any of them again. Saturday was spent preparing for my sister's graduation party, and of course playing with my baby cousin Rowan, who is just a gem. She is just the sweetest baby ever. Then Sunday was the big day. It was so much fun to see my little sister graduate, I'm just so excited for all the opportunites she is currently facing! I remember what it was like to be graduating, and feeling like you're whole life was just starting. I kind of feel like that right now. The speaker they had was this guy who graduated from our school, and is now a famous pastry chef on the food network which I think is pretty cool. He had some really great things to say, and was a very charismatic speaker. One thing that I really liked that he talked about was living outside the box. And thinking about it, I realized that all these people who are living in Chatfield, and staying in this area, never going out and experiencing anything else are living inside the box, and some of them are perfectly content to stay there. This baffles me, becuase I have never been one to be content to live inside the box. I want to travel the world and see everything. This move is giving me the opportunity to live outside the box, moving somewhere I've never lived before. Heading out there without a job or a place to live is kind of a freeing feeling. You only live once, and I want to start taking advantage of this life and exploring all of its possibilites.
I'm ready for anything life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment