Monday, June 21, 2010

Finally Getting Settled

This past week and a half has been a whirlwind! B arrived a couple days after I got here early in the morning. We've pretty much been going non stop since then. We got to spend some time with my family and my brother and my surrogate brother Hamilton, who is my brother's best friend. My parents were just in heaven, having my brother home and getting to meet all his friends, and visit Ft. Lewis to see where he lives.
B and I pretty much started looking for an apartment right away, and realized that it wasn't going to be as easy as we thought it would. We drove around and stoped at different complexes and called tons of places, but it was really difficuld to find a two bedroom place. We looked at a one bedroom, but it was definitely just way too small, plus then theres nowhere for any guests to stay. We finally found a two bedroom townhouse, turned in an application on Tuesday and started moving in Thursday. We've been here for 4 days now, and are finally starting to get things settled. The unpacking and organizing has been a lot more work than I thought it would be. We have most everything unpacked, and I've been working on laundry non stop, but I should be able to get all the clothes organized and put away in the next few days. The couch is arriving today after the boys get off work and it will be so nice to finally have a place to sit down! We have our tv set up and we have cable and internet, but no comfy place to sit down. Tomorrow morning our bed arrives too and I'm so excited to not be sleeping on an air matress anymore!
Its definitely been an adjustment getting settled, and B and I have definitely butted heads a lot in the past week. We're both very stubborn, and we both are so used to being independant and doing things on our own, its hard to learn how to do things together, and make decisions together. Of course I have an idea of how I want things to look and how I want to decorate, and he has something completely different in mind, but we're getting the hang of it. It will definitely take awhile to get used to everything, but I'm so ridiculously happy to be here and have B back. I've dreamed about this for months and months, and even though we've hit some bumps, I wouldn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment