Friday, May 21, 2010

Deployment Survivor

I am about to become a Deployment survivor, which is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. I feel proud that I showed all of those people who said I couldn't do it and that we wouldn't make it that I am strong and that I could do it. It hasn't been an easy year, thats for sure, but it has definitely been worth it. I feel as though B and I have connected on a different level, proving that you don't have to be around somebody all the time to feel close to them. I feel as close to him as ever and he's 6,000 miles away. Lately though, communication has been difficult. Their internet was shut off in their rooms since they are packing up and getting ready to come home, and he doesn't always have time to go to the MWR to use the computers. It can be frustrating but I just keep reminding myself that it will all be over soon. As a matter of fact, my DOM, which is a microsoft excel spreadsheet calculating the time they've been gone, says we're at 94% right now. I never thought I would see this day! I'm just so anxious to get out to Washington and get an apartment and get everything set up. I really hope I can find a job that allows me to have nights and weekends off, so I can enjoy as much time with B as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment