Monday, April 23, 2012

One month

Well I have officially made it over the one month hump in this deployment. It feels good, really good, to know that I have been able to handle everything on my own for one month. There's times where it sucks big time, but it helps a lot that I have a really awesome friend that I spend a lot of time with. We get together on Tuesdays at her house to do dinner and watch a couple of our shows, then she comes over to my place Saturdays. We usually end up doing a couple other things during the week, weather it's dinner or lunch, a walk, watching a show. Yesterday we took her 10 month old daughter to the zoo for the first time which was really fun! We finally have been having some nice weather here in the Pacific Northwest so we knew we had to take advantage of it. Today again it was gorgeous out, I'm guessing low 70's. I enjoyed a couple of hours out in the sun reading a book. So far I feel like I'm kicking this deployments butt and it feels good! Here's hoping the next few months fly by too!

No comments:

Post a Comment