Friday, March 23, 2012

Kitchen Sprucing

We're all settled into our new place and loving it! Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to the husband :( He's off to Afghanistan, luckily for us it will be a shorter deployment and hopefully time will go fast. I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish while he's gone which should keep me pretty busy. I've been doing a bit of decorating around the house, I'm going to start painting within the next couple of weeks and I'm very very excited to spruce up these walls!

I've got a couple of small projects that I did in the kitchen. The first was inspired by this from Pinterest.
It was super simple to make, I just headed over to Goodwill and bought a candlestick for $2.99 and a plate for $0.69. I actually bought two plates because I wasn't sure if a big one or a smaller one would work better and I found two that I really liked. The big one ended up being the one that worked so I just stashed the smaller one in my decorating cabinet. I decided to spray paint the ugly gold candlestick a bright sunny yellow and I left the plate as is. 
I think it turned out pretty great! And of course we need a final pic of it in use. 
My second little project was for the window sill. I had spotted these cute little pots at the PX last week and a little cactus also caught my eye. So I went back and bought the blue pot and the cactus, and also picked up some cactus soil. It cost me about $15 total. Now I have a cute little cactus for my window :)
I have several more projects in the works, and I'll be back with a post of some before pics of our house. I can't wait until I get to the point where I can post after pics!

1 comment: