Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good times at Goodwill

It's been awhile since I've gone to a Goodwill to shop. I regularly drop things off after doing a purge of my house. The last time I went I was looking for a file cabinet and I was successful, finding one for only $8.

This trip I was looking for anything I could repurpose. I ended up coming home with a barstool, 4 picture frames, a glass vase, a candle holder and a lamp all for $30! I was super impressed with myself.

My first projects were one of the frames which I decided would be perfect for the print that I have from the Grand Canyon, and the lamp.

Here's what these guys looked like before I got my hands on them.






They were a little worse for the wear, but I knew it wouldn't take much to spruce them up. So I headed over to Lowe's and picked out some spray paint. I decided to do a basic white for the frame and a shade of blue for the lamp


It took a couple of coats to get them looking good, but I was very happy with the result!
















2 comments:

  1. I already told you how much I love them. But, I thought I would just reiterate it. I love them! They turned out so stinkin' cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete