Monday, August 15, 2011

DIY projects

I'm in need of some. I LOVE decorating my house, it's one of my favorite hobbies which I really got into when I started working at Pier 1. Problem is, a lot of the stuff there is pretty spendy, and right now I'm trying to save as much as possible while trying to make my house look like a beautiful home. So I have decided I am in need of some DIY projects. I've found some cool ideas that seem relatively easy to do, I just need to find the pieced to work with.


I think tomorrow I'm going to go scouting at Goodwill for some potential projects. There are two Goodwills here in Lacey, so I'm pretty optimistic. One of the things I will be looking for is a picture frame I can paint. I have this beautiful print that I bought at the Grand Canyon, right now it's just sitting on top of my DVD shelves, not really anything special, but I think I want to move it up to my bedroom and put it in a nice frame.

Another is this,


I think it's such a cute idea, and I need a statement piece to either go over my bed, or over my couch in the living room, I haven't decided yet.

Also, it would be great to find some nice bed side tables I can repurpose.

Hopefully I can accomplish some of these while the husband is gone, I'm almost done with the baby blanket I've been knitting and I really need some new projects. I'll update when I find some pieces to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment