Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm in a food rut..

I feel like every week I cook the same things over and over. My husband can be kind of a picky eater, he's willing to try new things, but he would be happy to eat steak and potatoes every single day. I need variety, I love cooking/trying new recipes.

My goal is to find enough new recipes that I can cook something new each night for a week. This may be tricky, because a lot of nights I work until 6, so by the time I get home we're both tired and hungry and we just want something quick.

I think this is the main reason we end up in a rut. I'm going to go scour the web for some new recipes to try out and spice things up in my kitchen!

5 comments:

  1. I made this meal in the crockpot called "scalloped potatoes & ham" it was really good. If you want the recipe let me know.

    Also, mexican pizza (homemade), hamburger steak, beef enchiladas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandan refuses to eat ham :( It sounds really yummy though! I would love the recipes for the mexican pizza and the hamburger steak though :) I have a really really good enchilada recipe that I like making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffalo chicken mac n cheese, and lasagna are my two go-to's, b/c i can make them ahead of time.

    also - chicken or beef fried rice, stuffed chicken with cream cheese and ranch dressing, and ANYTHING in the crock pot that you can just toss in and leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noel can I get your buffalo mac n cheese recipe? I think B would really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny won't eat ham either! It's so weird.

    Buffalo Mac n Cheese is amazing!!

    I definitely suggest getting a crock pot. They are pretty cheap, and it makes life so easy just tossing things into it and when you come home it's all done.

    ReplyDelete